History of Fujita
|2015||Completion of the merger of Daiwa Odakyu Construction Co., Ltd. and Fujita Corporation”.|
|2013||Fujita becomes a wholly-owned subsidiary of Daiwa House Industry Co., Ltd. following a stock transfer from Fujita Holdings Ltd. to Daiwa House Industry Co., Ltd.|
|2010||Fujita corporation celebrates its 100th year in business.|
|2009||Fujita Corporation is delisted and became fully owned by Fujita Holdings Co.,Ltd.|
|2007||The medium-term management planning "Fujita Step-Up plan" commences.|
|2005||Goldman Sachs participates in the management of Fujita Corporation.
ISO9001 and ISO14001 are obtained.
|2002||New Fujita Corporation is incorporated by the corporate division and takes over the company name and construction business sector.
Company stock is listed on the second section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
|1997||ISO14001 is obtained by the Tokyo Branch – the first time for a general construction company.
ISO9001 is obtained by all domestic branches.
|1996||ISO9001 is obtained by the Tokyo Branch Building Construction Management Department and head office Architectural Design Department.|
|1994||Construction begins on a series of check-dams on Mount Unzen-Fugen (an active volcano in Kyushu Japan ) started using unmanned construction techniques.|
|1990||The name of company is changed from Fujitakougyo to Fujita and the company slogan "Creating Superior Environments" is introduced.|
|1988||Construction of "OMIYA Sonic City (Hall)" is completed.|
|1986||Corporate philosophy is introduced.|
|1981||Completion of "LaLaport" – the first regional shopping center in Japan, was completed.|
|1978||Research and development begins into the application of microelectronics technologies in the construction industry.|
|1976||Construction of "Osaka Marubiru", the round skyscraper building close to JR Osaka Station, is completed.
Construction of the Hamana section of the "Seikan tunnel (Honshu gateway)" is completed.
|1971||The name of company is changed from Fujita-gumi to Fujitakougyo.|
|1970||The large roof built up for the Japan World Expo Park is jacked up to 30 meters high.|
|1968||The value engineering technique is introduced.|
|1965||The Tokyo Olympic Games memorial tower in Komazawa park wins BCS AWARDS.|
|1963||Company stock is listed on the first section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange.|
|1962||The construction of the Amagasaki section of the "Meishin Expressway" is completed – the first expressway road in Japan|
|1961||Company stock is listed on the second section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange.|
|1960||A technical research center is founded.
Fujita-gumi goes public to the Tokyo market.
|1959||First long-range management planning commences|
|1948||Head office relocates to Yaesu, Chuo-ku, Tokyo.|
|1945||The head office is destroyed in air raids and the Hiroshima branch is damaged by the Atomic bomb.|
|1942||The name of company is changed from Hiroshima Fujita-gumi to Fujita-gumi.|
|1937||Hiroshima Fujita-gumi is incorporated and the head office is moved in Marunouchi, Tokyo.|
|1928||A contract for steel-framework for the Metropolitan Police Department is awarded to Fujita.|
|1910||The Fujita brothers start their engineering-works construction contract business in Hiroshima.|